Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

The Next Big Thing

Thanks to Stevie Thompson, I get to take part inThe Next Big Thing blog hop!

I had never heard of this before but the plan to have authors from all around the world to answer the same 10 questions about their current project. The goal is to start on one blog and follow the links to discover other authors and books that you may not have found otherwise.





1) What is the working title of your next book?
I'm working on two many projects at one time but #1 is called, "Changes."  That's a working title only. I'm terrible at titles most of the time.

2) Where did the idea come from for the book?  
I was had an idea that came out of the blue and I wrote a short story about it. My beta readers really liked it, so did I, so I decided to explore the idea into a longer piece.

3) What genre does your book fall under?

It's Young Adult Fantasy.

4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Gee, I don't know. The main characters are only 14 years old in the book and I don't have a handle on teen actors. 

5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Vivian has a secret and the Fairy Court wants to kill her to keep it that way.

6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Agency, I hope.

7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
I keep starting and stopping and working on 100 other things but this book should come out to 64,000K and that will take about 5 months because I write after my day job.

8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I'll have to think on that.


9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I've been writing for years (since I was a child) and I've had tons of inspiration from family and from my career as an editor, journalist, and an English professor.

10) What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?
It's a mix of teen drama, love triangles, the fairy realm, and the keys to controlling the world.

Some fellow authors to check out:
Stevie Thompson
Rhiannon Douglas 
* more to come *

No comments:

Post a Comment