Tuesday, January 1, 2013

500 Words a Day

     Maybe my problem is that I try to do too much and burn out too easily. I work full-time and then I write seven days a week. I make an attempt to do a private version of Nanowrimo every month but the truth is that I'm usually too tired to type out the requisite 1667 words a day. Sure, some days I do it but most of the time, I don't.  Then today I stumbled onto a 500 words a day writing challenge. 

     At first, I thought, "This is nothing. Why bother?"  but then I pulled out my handy-dandy calculator (i.e. I minimized my Firefox and clicked on the calculator icon on my desktop) and, lo and behold, 500 words a day works out to a lovely 182,500 words in one year. Wow. 

     Now when I factor in that there will be days (heck, they'd better be days) when I write well more than 500 words, I may be able to get to 250K words this year.  If I can, 2013 will be an awesome year for me as a writer. 

     Who wants to join me in the 500 words a day challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment